Thursday, March 3, 2011

Another day, another fit.

How often I have to remind myself that he is different. He'll always be different. The other kiddos are... well, kids. Not Muscles. He's... different. He's an incredible little boy, and generally he's very responsible. But holy cow, when he doesn't get his way, it's unlike anything you've ever seen before. It's all the fury of a hurricane trapped in an 8 year old little boy. And he tries different tactics. First is all out anger. He throws things, calls me names, rants about how we are unfair to him. When he starts to see that it's not working (which it never does, so I'm not sure why he still tries), he moves into baby mode. He wails at the top of his lungs about being scared, wanting Mommy, etc. It's so tiring. I'm sure sometimes he is genuinely scared. I just don't always know when those times are, and I don't want him thinking that his behavior is going to get him what he wants.

Ok, thanks. I just needed to get that out of my system....

No comments:

Post a Comment