Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Nanny

We are blessed to take part in a program at Sullivan University. We are an "extern home" for students who are learning to be a Nanny. Each quarter, we have a student who comes to our home every Friday and takes care of our kiddos. Can I tell you what a blessing that is? The first few weeks are a little rough. As an extern mom, I have to make sure they know how to bathe the children, do their laundry, fold and put their clothes away... little things like that. It's really not very hard for them to pick up, but it's my job to make sure they do it "my way"... just like if they were a paid Nanny for a family. After the first couple of weeks, I can rest a bit and let her do her thing. What a blessing! I've been sick for three days and have wanted nothing more than to sit down and do as little as possible. Today I can, thanks to our Nanny.

No comments:

Post a Comment