Thursday, May 26, 2011

From the mouthes of babes.

Things sound so much different when your children say it. My kiddos have pushed and pushed and pushed me, on several occasions, where the nicest thing I could come up with to say was, "Shut up!!!!" I'm not proud of it, but there ya go... it happens. After I gave the little girl's their baths tonight, I put them in their beds, which they were none too happy about. As Baby Girl cried and fussed at being put in her crib, Princess became very upset.

Personally, I think that she was more upset that Baby Girl was out-screaming her than anything... but that's just me.

Anyhow, I digress... I heard, from my precious little Princess, "Shut up!" to Baby Girl. I sat for a minute thinking I must have misheard. Princess is generally a very sweet girl. Only a moment later, she said it again. Somehow, those two little words sound so much more toxic coming from a little one's mouth.

Be careful little lips what you say.

I'll try to be more careful... honest.

After all... isn't it from the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks (Luke 6:45)? I need to start doing a heart check, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment